The COVID-19 outbreak has had a devastating impact on much of the world. While some normality is being resumed, it’s important that everyone does what they can to keep themselves and others safe, and we’re no exception.
A visit to the dentist is daunting enough for many people, but even more so at this worrying time. That’s why we’re doing what we can to make sure our patients feel safe when they visit our practice.
Here’s your detailed guide to what our office is doing to keep patients safe at this time.
What we’re doing to protect you
At our dental practice in Petaluma, California, we’ve adjusted the way we do things to help keep both our patients and team safe. Some of the measures we’re taking include:
- Our Team members are taking their own temperature before they start work.
- Team members wearing face shields with double face masks and speciality fluid-resistant gowns.
- Masks are required when entering our office.
- Utilization of sanitized and purified water using reverse osmosis and UV light to ensure our water is disinfected and free from 99.9% of bacteria.
- Reducing appointment times as a result of more effective technology.
- Following Osha and CDC guidelines for disinfection.
- Extraoral dental suction that removes high volume of droplets & aerosols produced during treatment.
- High-pressure water cleaning system and autoclaving.
- Fogging the rooms after each visit.
- Each room is equipped with an air Purifier with H13 True HEPA Filters that removes 99.97% of air particles.
We’re following all of the necessary guidelines and monitoring them regularly to make sure we do everything we can to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please follow us on our social media channels for the latest updates from the practice.
Helping you enjoy a safe visit
As a patient entering our Petaluma practice, there are things that you can do to help ensure your visit is as safe as possible.
- In the first instance, you can book a Teledentistry appointment – a virtual appointment that could help diagnose common dental issues and prescribe you with the right medication.
- For physical appointments, you will need to wait in your car before your appointment.
- Please turn up to your appointment on time, and please let us know of cancellations as soon as possible.
- There is hand sanitizer available throughout the practice.
If you suspect you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, or you’re showing symptoms yourself, please call to cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. If you experience symptoms after your visit, it’s important that you contact the practice as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about our practice guidelines, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. At Von Chan, DDS, we want to make sure all patients feel at ease when they visit us for a comfortable and relaxed experience.
COVID-19 precautions from your dentist in Petaluma, California
At times like these, it’s important to have services you can trust. We’re taking precautions against COVID-19 in our Petaluma, California practice, ensuring you can still benefit from dental services at this time.
To find out more about the COVID-19 precautions we’re taking in our Petaluma practice, contact us today. Our doors are open, and we’re ready to provide you with the services you need.